A celebration between costume makers to determine the highest quality, most artistic, and best crafted costumes. Click here to print and fill-out the Cosplay Contest Sign Up Form. You must bring this form to the Cosplay Registration Booth on Saturday.
Join us for the Hamilton Comic Con Cosplay Contest, judged by experienced and professional cosplayers. Our cosplay contest is a celebration between costume makers to determine the highest quality, most artistic, and best crafted costumes.
All costumes at Hamilton Comic Con must abide by The Costume Weapons Policy. Click HERE to view the policy.
|CATEGORIES||SCORING: TOTAL 40 POINTS||SCHEDULE|
Best Male costume
|Scoring: Total 40 points
10 p: Variety and confidence of posing.
10 p: Costume detail.
10 p: Costume Construction Faithfulness to the original character OR originality.
10 p: Judges overall impression.
CONTEST TAKES PLACE ON THE MAIN STAGE
Registration: Saturday 10:00am-3:00pm at C03
Guest Cosplay Judge: Candy Cosplay
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Costumes and props must be suitable and appropriate for all ages. Costumes should have a theme consistent with what Hamilton Comic Con (HCC) celebrates from comics, video games, anime, or pop culture. Costumes and props should adhere to general HCC rules and regulations including the weapons and props policy. Exceptions may be made by the Cosplay Coordinator or Live Events Manager. Cosplay participants must have three separate poses ready for judging.
- Only handmade costumes are eligible to win the Best Costume award. Costumes created with the help of friends or family is accepted, however more than 50% of the costume has to be made by the contestant. Prefabricated costumes will be allowed as long as it has been substantially altered by the contestant (at least 70%).
- Contestants can enter the contest individually, or as part of a team. If you enter as part of a team, your team will be judged together for the purpose of the Best Group Costume. However, your costumes will still be judged individually for the purpose of the Best Overall Grand Prize.
- WOW Factor, Props, and such Safety and Cleanliness: Devices such as flash bombs, any kind of pyrotechnic device, or any type of device that causes staining or a large scattering of objects are prohibited. Scattering of objects is allowed so long as it complies with above rules. Anything that takes time to clean up on stage is not allowed as well. These may become potential hazards to remaining entrants. Using fire and liquids on stage are prohibited. Smoke related special effects are prohibited.
- Permission is granted to HCC to use any photographs/video taken as future promotion material for future events and dealings. Secondary Media coverage may be present at the event. All media captured by Secondary Media will be under their rules and regulations of fair media usage and not that of HCC.
Hamilton Comic Con features hundreds of exhibits, covering over 100,000 square feet of space and headlining some of the biggest celebrity pop culture names to date. Hamilton is a city rich in history and culture, boasting deep roots and a proud history. The Hamilton Comic Con is undoubtedly one of the largest events the City hosts each year attracting more than 10,000 fans in 2015, the event's third year.
Exhibitor booths will be on sale in 2016. Please contact James to be placed on the waiting list. To apply for an exhibitor space, please click HERE to download the exhibitor application form and email your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Artist Alley booths for 2016- SOLD OUT. Please contact Matt to be placed on the waiting list. To apply for an artist alley space, please click HERE to download the artist alley application form and email your completed form to email@example.com
Please note that this is only an application and that it does not guarantee exhibit/artist alley space. Upon acceptance of your application, you will receive confirmation from Hamilton Comic Con. Once your application has been approved, your deposit will be non-refundable. While we will also do our best to place you in the exhibitor space you request, please note that spacing will depend on availabilty and be at the sole discretion of Hamilton Comic Con.
I DON'T HAVE TICKETS, HOW AND WHERE CAN I PURCHASE THEM?
Tickets can be purchased online at www.hamiltoncomiccon.com or physically at Big B Comics located in Hamilton or Niagara Falls. If you cannot buy your tickets in advance, tickets will be on sale at the door. Door sales are cash only.
I PURCHASED MY TICKETS ONLINE, HOW DO I RECEIVE THEM?
At the end of your online transaction, your eTicket will become available, as well as sent to the registered email. Please print out and bring the barcoded tickets with you. We will scan those when you arrive at the event.
Sometimes emails are filtered somewhere other than your inbox. Please check your junk, spam or bulk folder. ExtremeTix can also resend your confirmation by calling the help line Toll Free at the following number: 1-888-695- 0888.
WHERE DOES THE EVENT TAKE PLACE?
The Hamilton Comic Con takes place on Saturday, October 1st and Sunday, October 2nd 2016, from 10:00am until 6:00pm on Saturday and 10:00am until 4:00pm on Sunday, at the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum, located at 9280 Airport Rd. in Mount Hope, Ontario.
ARE Q&AS AND SEMINARS FREE?
Yes, all Q&As and Seminars are FREE!
HOW DO I SIGN UP FOR THE COSPLAY CONTEST?
Print and fill out the Cosplay sign up form at the following link: hamiltoncomiccon.comHamiltonComicCon-CosplaySignup
Then bring the Cosplay sign up form to the Cosplay registration booth located in Celebrity Row on the first floor. The Cosplay contest will begin at 2:30pm on the Celebrity Main Stage.
HOW DOES MY VIP TICKET WORK?
VIP ticket holders will be the first to be let in at 9:30am. Front-of-the-line access for autographs is strictly reserved for VIP ticket holders. All autographs and photos need to be purchased separately. In all cases, these can be purchased directly from the celebrity's booth located in Celebrity Row. For all Q&As and seminars, there will be priority seating available for all VIPS. Please arrive to these events at least 5 minutes early.
HOW DO I MEET A CELEBRITY?
All celebrities have a cost associated to their autograph and photographs. Each guest sets his/her own price for autographs and photo ops. Autographs can be purchased at the Hamilton Comic Con, at the celebrity's booth, located in Celebrity Row. On-site autographs can only be purchased with cash. You can bring your own items to autograph. However, it is up to the guest to accept or refuse to sign any given item. Guests will refuse to sign any bootlegged material.
WHEN IS THE LAST DAY TO PURCHASE TICKETS ONLINE?
The last day to purchase tickets online is Thursday, September 29, 2016 at 11:59 p.m.
WHERE DO I PARK?
Parking is available onsite, with extra parking in the airport as well.
HOW MUCH ARE KIDS TICKETS?
Kids ages 6 and under are FREE! Ages 7-12 have a discounted price. Click BUY TICKETS for more info.
ARE THERE IN AND OUT PRIVILEGES?
Yes, you are free to leave and come back anytime. However, re entry is not guaranteed if the event is at capacity, so please make sure you are aware that you may have to wait to re enter depending on the amount of people in the event at one time.
IS THERE FOOD ONSITE?
There will be a small selection of food available in the main lobby snack bar.
CAN YOU GET TICKETS AT THE DOOR?
Yes, you can purchase tickets at the door. However, we do recommend buying them in advance to make sure you can get into the Hamilton Comic Con, as tickets in hand will be allowed in before cash sales begin. Ticket sales at the door will be cash only.
IS THERE ANYWHERE I CAN GO TO BUY TICKETS IN PERSON?
Yes, you can purchase tickets at Big B Comics locations in Hamilton and Niagara Falls.
Floor plan will be released in summer 2016!